Can you believe it’s almost St. Patricks Day? I thought everyone might be looking for a bit of Irish food. I just love a reuban sandwich, stacked high with corned beef, all warn and gooey from the cheese, and dressing. Oh yes a true delight for ones taste buds. I found this yummy recipe at Grandmothers Kitchen; and if you see any Leprechauns please send them my way I could use some of their gold.
1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef or leftover cooked corn beef
2 tbl butter – softened
8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread
8 slices swiss cheese
1 – 1/2 c sauerkraut, well drained,
1/4 cup thousand island dressing (opt).
This recipe is for 4 sandwiches
- Put the corned beef and swiss cheese on one piece of bread.
- Heap on sauerkraut, spread dressing over sauerkraut.
- Top with the 2nd piece of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet or on griddle over medium heat.
- Cook for about 4 minutes grilling the sandwich on both sides.
- Serve warm.
May The Luck Of The Irish Be With You