St. Patricks Day Eats Reuben Sandwich
Can you believe it’s almost St. Patricks Day? I thought everyone might be looking for a bit of Irish food. I just love a reuban sandwich, stacked high with corned beef, all warn and gooey from the cheese, and dressing. Oh yes a true delight for ones taste buds. I found this yummy recipe at Grandmothers Kitchen; and if you see any Leprechauns please send them my way I could use some of their gold.
1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef or leftover cooked corn beef
2 tbl butter – softened
8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread
8 slices swiss cheese
1 – 1/2 c sauerkraut, well drained,
1/4 cup thousand island dressing (opt).
This recipe is for 4 sandwiches
- Put the corned beef and swiss cheese on one piece of bread.
- Heap on sauerkraut, spread dressing over sauerkraut.
- Top with the 2nd piece of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet or on griddle over medium heat.
- Cook for about 4 minutes grilling the sandwich on both sides.
- Serve warm.
Original Reuben Sandwich Recipe found at Grandmothers Kitchen Recipes.
If you are looking for more St. Patrick’s ideas you should check out my
Pinterest board loaded with ideas.
May The Luck Of The Irish Be With You