Skippyjon Jones came home from school for a visit.
Price was so excited to host Skippyjon for the weekend.
He had also had brought home a mason jar filled with
ingredients to make a special batch of yummy chocolate
chip Family Pancakes. We were so excited to try
the mason jar mix. Saturday morning could not come quick
Saturday morning Price was in the kitchen in his stripped
Chefs hat and apron, with Skippyjon on the counter observing. Price
mixed, and poured till he had the perfect batter. Soon we
could hear the sizzle of golden brown pancakes on the hot
The joy of a hot stack of pancakes make by Price
and Skippyjon Jones was only surpassed by the Happy Brithday
smile on his cousins face; as we surprised him with a special
Mason Jar Family Chocolate Chip Pancakes
2 ½ cups of flour
2 ¼ teaspoons of baking power
2 ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
2 ¼ teaspoons of sugar
¾ teaspoon of salt
¾ cup of your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Scoop into a quart mason jar. Gingerly add the chocolate chips to the top.
Attach the tag with the recipe for family pancakes (u can customize it) with a cute ribbon and you are done.
Recipe for Family Pancakes From A First Grader (kids brought home from school)
1. Gather first grader and other family member (an adult, in particular)
2. Find all the cooking tools you may need (a medium bowl, a pan, a spatula, etc.)
3. Lightly grease a pan or griddle and place on stovetop
4. Preheat the lightly greased pan/griddle to 375 degrees
5. Add ¾ cup of water to the pancake mix created at school
6. Mix it up! (fun for the kids)
7. Pour a small amount of pancake batter into the pan
8. Cook pancakes for about 1 ¼ on each side
9. Should make at least 8 pancakes, depending upon size
10. Share a pancake and fun family breakfast!
Made With Love by ____________________